The first private higher education group in France
Created in 1980 by Marc Sellam, IONIS Education Group is today the first private higher education group in France. Around twenty schools and entities in 14 cities in France gather nearly 27,000 students in commerce, marketing and communication, management, finance, IT, digital, aeronautics, energy, transport, biotechnology and creation...
The IONIS Group has set itself the task of forming the New Business Intelligence of today and tomorrow. A strong international outlook, a great sensitivity to innovation and entrepreneurship, a true "culture of adaptability and change" are the main values taught to future graduates of the Group's schools. They will thus become key players in tomorrow's economy, joining the alumni networks of our institutions, which together exceed 70,000 members.
A state of mind embodying current teaching
This is an advantage that goes beyond structural realities. It is a shared way of thinking, built around a common vision and strong values:
- The importance given to human and practical acquisitions, and not only to gathering knowledge, since a school is also a place to consolidate one’s personality.
- The greatest importance given to learning how to adapt, how to analyse change, and how to master new situations.
- Being permanently receptive to the international aspect, to companies’ dynamics, to innovation and creativity, to the sense of initiative and an entrepreneurial mind.
The IONIS Group encompasses a modern way of teaching as it is open to the world and the changes that surround it. The IONIS Education Group sees it as a duty to better understand families, students and young people, for a better integration into the evolution of our society, to be pertinent and perform well.
Presentation of the three poles of the group:
Focus on the Paris sud digital campus
The digital campus of Paris Sud was built over 10 years ago around a vision, an idea and a conviction:
- A vision – NTICs (new technologies of information and communication) and the digital system are the industry of today and tomorrow
- An idea – these new domains need other pedagogical views and other ways to work together
- A conviction – passion is the motor of every great achievement, and in order to be expressed it needs appropriate means and new methods.
The IONIS Education Group has based itself on NTIC teaching and innovation for over 18 years. It combines new methods for apprenticeships, a project-based pedagogical education, and an unfailing encouragement of its students for the yearn to learn.
The aim is to create the engineers and experts of tomorrow. The new intelligence of businesses, innovation requiring an open-minded attitude, a crossing of experiences and knowledge. In bringing together all these aspects, we make it possible for the students to think and work together, thus conforming to the practices of the businesses in the sector.