The "Swimming pool", the mythical period of the curriculum, corresponds to the integration period of every student (Epitech 1, Epitech 2, Epitech 3) who enters school. In four weeks, it makes it possible to acquire, assimilate and consolidate the basics necessary to follow the school's teaching.
For 1st year students, this involves learning the UNIX system used in school and the first language studied: C for the higher years through C++.
Events such as barbecues, film screenings are organized; connections are made quickly, which will facilitate the formation of work teams.
AN INTENSIVE PROGRAM TO GET THE RIGHT RHYTHM AND THE RIGHT BASES
- 12 hours of work 7 days a week
- Exercises to be given every evening
- Knowledge to be assimilated every day
- Learning the norms of programming
- Asteks (student assistants) omnipresent to supervise students
- A support group where each student personally benefits from the help of an Astek
- Exams on machines at the end of the week
- Extra hours during weekends (realization of a mini-project with pairs imposed on weekends)
The Pool makes it possible to upgrade the entire promotion, including students who have never programmed before. Thus, everyone starts the year well prepared for the first project to be carried out in pairs: the Bistromatique. It is a question of creating a calculator that manages infinite numbers. This project, in which error is prohibited, learns to work in a team: the Bistromathique.